Thursday, March 31, 2011

Spring = Sewing

I always feel an itch to sew clothing in the spring. I love sewing simple dresses and items for the summer and love sewing with cottons. There are two items right now that I am eager to get working on. The first item (which I actually started working on last weekend) is the 'Tiny Pocket Tank' by grainline. I love the proportions, the simplicity of the pattern and, per my mock up, the great fit! I will hopefully get it finished this weekend so I can post some photos. In the meantime, I'm thinking about a great Liberty print for the next tank (or tank dress!):



The other item I'm excited about is the DIY Bi-Color Dress that I saw on Style Scrapbook. I have a men's white shirt handy (thank you, husband) and some miscellaneous fabric that could easily be put to good use on this dress.
If I manage to get up and caffeinated at a reasonable hour, I may have some new items to wear come Sunday. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment