Friday, December 30, 2011

Handmade Gift Recap - Part One

Now that the gifts have been handed out, I'm free to post all the handmade items I made this holiday season. First up are the items I made for my sister, a set of mittens and fingerless gloves. She loves fingerless gloves and this year I threw in mittens that she could wear alone or under the fingerless guys. She's just relocated to Maryland from Texas which means that her gifts this year are made from WOOL (bye bye cotton!)! Well, at least the fingerless gloves are. The mittens are made from a beautiful tonal blue baby llama yarn. Sooo soft and so fun to knit with. 

My camera doesn't do this blue justice. 
I love that the gloves will slouch a little at the wrists.


The fingerless gloves were a formal request and she specifically asked for a neutral color. I think camel is a safe bet. I used a fingering weight yarn and tiny needles. I think the little cables and lace are so cute. 


No comments:

Post a Comment