Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Handmade Gift Recap - Part Two


Next up are the slipper socks I made for Adam 
and the button cowl I made for my mom.

The slipper socks have quickly turned into Adam's favorite socks. I'm sure I will be making more of these in the future! I used the Mountain Form Slipper pattern and some leftover yarn. They were a very quick knit. This photo really makes Adam's feet look like Kermit's. Ha ha.

 
The cowl color is so beautiful in person, this photo doesn't do it justice. The yarn was purchased at a yarn shop in Middlebury, Vermont during our fall foliage trip. I like that you can button it all the way up or unbutton it and wear it looser around the neck. I procrastinated for so long about the buttons. I wanted to find the perfect wood buttons. I ended up finding these at Joann's ... on Christmas Eve. A total surprise.


Items not yet photographed - a Anthropologie inspired headband/wrap that was made for my sister-in-law & a navy blue beanie that was made for my brother-in-law. These items are currently being worn (yay!). I was not quick enough with the camera. Hopefully I can snap one of them wearing their new pieces this winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment