Friday, January 20, 2012

January Sweater

Image from Jared Flood/Brooklyn Tweed
 
I like to start a sweater project in January. After knitting numerous little gift items in November and December, I like the focus of a larger project. January also just feels like a good time to bunker down and knit rows and rows (or rounds and rounds) of something big. The sweater I've picked is the Shadow sweater which is part of Jared Flood's 'Wool People' series. The pattern is by Olga Buraya-Kefelian.
 
Image from Jared Flood/Brooklyn Tweed
 
I was really eager to get a sweater on the needles so I started my January sweater in December when I went home for the holidays. Since the sweater is knit in pieces, I decided it would be great for plane travel. Good news is I managed to finish the back of the sweater while I was away and now I am sooo close to finishing the front. I've decided not to do the little pockets though. I just like a cleaner look and didn't want any added bulk. Hopefully I'll get some sleeves started by February!



No comments:

Post a Comment