Sunday, April 8, 2012

The Shadow sweater is officially blocking! I now feel like it's actually close to being finished. Hopefully everything will be fully dry by tonight. The blocking really made the yarn soft, the pieces feel like a nice soft fabric now.


I've been stumped for the last couple of weeks thinking about what to knit next. Which is crazy because I usually have several projects in mind that I'm eager to start. Although I have a generous stash at home, all I could think to do was run to the yarn shop and buy a ton of pretty pastel cotton and start up another sweater. Thankfully, I stayed sane.  After I had the Shadow sweater laid out to dry, I dumped my entire stash on the floor and went onto Ravelry. After perusing for hours but still not finding anything, I consulted Elizabeth Zimmermann's Knitter's Almanac. For April, she made a blanket and for May, mittens for next winter. I looked at my stash and voila - found my next two projects.

A quick Ravelry search brought up the Eleventh Hour Blanket from Purl Bee:
 


And, already sitting in my favorites, the Flint Mittens from Brooklyn Tweed:
 


I cast on the blanket immediately and sank into the couch for last two hours of 'The Ten Commandments' (love that movie!). It's knitting up quickly and is super lush. I'll only have to pop into the yarn shop for a contrast color.



I also got my mitten yarns and needles in order so I can start today. I found a beautiful natural, oatmeal colored yarn that I bought at Rhinebeck last October. I also found a skein of neon yarn that my sister-in-law left here. I don't think she'll miss the little bit I'll need for the trim. Fun!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment