Saturday, October 8, 2011

Vermont



 
It's hard to believe our little Vermont vacation was two weeks ago. We had a lovely trip. We did some walking trails at the Shelburne Farm (beautiful), visited the Shelburne Museum (loved - highly recommend!) and indulged in several rounds of hot apple cider & cider donuts. 

Come to think of it, most of the trip was about food. We had the most amazing breakfast/brunch at Penny Cluse in Burlington. I managed to snap one photo before we dug in. You can't really see exactly what Adam's eating but let me tell you - it's called 'Bucket O Spuds'. Noted as "A heaping mound of homefries with melted cheese, salsa, sour cream & green onions'. Plus an egg on top. Mmmmmmmm. The banana bread with maple walnut cream cheese was my last minute addition.




Penny Cluse was recommended by the lovely woman at Nido, a little fabric and yarn store in Burlington. Her fabric selection was awesome and I definitely took home enough to make several garments. Adam was so wonderful, I took him through 5 different yarn/fabric shops across our trip and he only commented once that I might be buying too much yarn. Muhahaha! For the record, I only came home with 10 skeins and most of it is for holiday gifts. Or at least that's what I'm telling myself.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely pictures. 10 skeins of yarn this close to Rhinebeck. Wow.

    ReplyDelete